Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Flash Fiction: The Storm

What's that? I have another publication this month? Yes, yes I do.

My end-of-the-world flash piece The Storm was published today over at the very cool Eschatology site. Check it out! And leave a comment if you enjoyed it or semi-enjoyed it.

This story is different because it's written in 2nd-person POV, which there seems to be not a whole lot of love for. I believe it's a perfectly valid POV that can work well when the story calls for it, and I aim to make it work!

For the occasion, I made a picture:

 It doesn't capture what I had in my mind--it was far creepier--but not bad, if I do say so myself. I drew some inspiration from some of the wicked sand storms we have out here in Arizona. We also have some pretty bad fires. I recall this one day in July how the sky was smoggy, no blue, and the clouds had this yellow-ish hue. It was very surreal.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the story and watch out for those clouds! 

8 comments:

  1. Yay! Big congrats!! Will go read soon :) Yes, we do get some wicked sand storms. I don't think I realized you lived here, too. Are you coming to the Phoenix Comicon this year? They've added some pretty cheap hotel rooms... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankies! Haha yeah, I live in the Tuscon area. I'd like to come to Phoenix Comicon, it sounds like a lot of fun. I'll have to find out my schedule later on.

      Delete
  2. Congrats, Defcon!

    Great, creepy story. I enjoyed it.

    Cool picture, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohooo. Another step on the road to publishing domination...or something like that.

    I'll get over there and have a read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, indeed. Tis been a good month in terms of publication. Whereas I was hit pretty hard with the rejections earlier.

      Delete
  4. There was no semi-enjoying -- only enjoying! Left you a comment over there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Glad to hear you enjoyed it. :)

      Delete